Friday, June 16, 2006

GO ENGLAND, MAVS AND NADAL, GO

SOCCER - I admit, they did not play as well as I would want. Peter Crouch and Frank Lampard worsted chances, but the tallest man on the pitch finally delivered. Then, it was Steven Gerrard’s turn in injury time. Need I say it? Well, it was a typical 20-yard drive only Gerrard can deliver and we are in the second round.

The not-so-good performance is a good thing as far as I am concerned. It puts the necessary pressure on the team as it prepares for the tough matches ahead. I told you from the beginning and I repeat it now, “we are going all the way to Berlin.”

BASKETBALL – I am not gonna be denied the NBA championship. I have already budgeted to by a fan’s replica cup with “Dallas Mavericks” engraved on it. So, Avery, Dirk, Terry; I am angry at you for letting Shaq and them level up the series. The loss in Game 3 particularly was inexcusable.

Now, you boys need to deliver on Sunday and wrap it up on Tuesday. I do not feel like coming back to the American Airlines Centre to whip your behinds.

TENNIS – My man, Nadal is on the roll at Queens (he is in the quarter finals). This is just warm up for Wimbledon, of course, and he is one man I know is gonna deliver.

TO READ MORE OF MY WRITING, PLEASE VISIT; www.torontosun.ca/News/Columnists/Madawo_Innocent/
www.catholicregister.org
www.canadiannewcomermagazine.org
www.thecanadian.ca
www.zimcanada.com
http://www.jexcanada.com/

No comments: