Friday, June 09, 2006

WORLD CUP SOCCER - MY ENGLAND SHIRT

Well, the World Cup has begun in earnest. I bought my England supporter’s shirt and I will wear it each day my team plays. Naturally, I am elated that both Wayne Rooney, Steven Gerrard and David Bekham are fit and ready to play. I can’t wait for Saturday.

It looks like Group A has already been decided. It is going to be Germany and Ecuador. If things change, then I pledge to … well, nothing because I really do not care if any of the teams in the group advance or go home.

I must admit though that there is just something gratifying in seeing an underdog team turn the tables.

Here is my prediction for the teams that will advance from the other groups:

Group B: - England and Sweden
Group C: - Argentina and Ivory Coast
Group D: - Mexico and Portugal
Group E: - Italy and Ghana
Group F: - Brazil and Japan
Group G: - France and South Korea
Group H: - Spain and Tunisia.

BASKETBALL – Go Mavs.
TENNIS – Nadal, Nadal, Nadal.


TO READ MORE OF MY WRITING, PLEASE VISIT; www.torontosun.ca/News/Columnists/Madawo_Innocent/
www.catholicregister.org
www.canadiannewcomermagazine.org
http://www.thecanadian.ca/
www. zimcanada.com
http://www.jexcanada.com/

No comments: