Friday, June 09, 2006

US$1 MILLION OFFER I WONT ACCEPT

I am as poor as a church mouse and I welcome any financial help. But when someone I have never heard of e-mails me offering more than US$1 million for helping them repatriate some money from another country into Canada, then I would rather die poor.

Some of you might already know what I am talking about here. There is an old scam that usually originates from west African countries, particularly Nigeria, and it comes in a letter similar to the one I received and I reproduced below.

I want to warn you all to forego this “wonderful gift” and stay poor, at least you will keep the little you have. If you entertain any such offers, conmen will wipe you clean.

Enjoy the letter:

Mrs Mariam Sankoh
Tel: +225 06 29 12 08 12
BP 2114 Abidjan 12 COTE D'IVOIRE.

Assalamualaikum.

I am Mrs Mariam Sankoh, the wife of former minister of agriculture of the Republic of Sierra Leone and also diamond and gold merchant. Honourable, Paul Chieck Sankoh who died in December 4th 2002 in free town, Sierra Leone, as a result of political crisis in Sierra Leone.
I am writing you in absolute confidence primarily to seek your assistance to transfer of our cash of eleven million, five hundred thousand united state's Dollar($11.500.000dollars) now in custody of security and finance company here in Abidjan Cote D’Ivoire West Africa to your private account pending on our arrives to your country.

SOURCE OF MONEY:-
My late husband, honourable Paul Chieck Sankoh, a native of FALABA DISTRIC in the northern province of Sierra Leone, owned a large field of diamond and gold plantation before he became minister for griculture and later died in the peak of the civil war between the rebels force of Major Paul Koromah and the government.

To transfer this boxes containing the money to you through diplomat courier services in your name to your country. To make a good arrangement for a joint business investment on our behalf in your country and you will take care of the investments until my son finish his studies in UNITEED KINGDOM.

Once you receive one of the boxes, you will put hand inside the box and send money for me to claim the remaining two boxes. Then when you receive the box from the diplomat you will lodge the money little by little to your bank account until me and my son arrival your country.
Most importantly, the security company officials do not know the exact contents of the boxes, because it was declared as family valuable documents.

The whole documents issued after deposit is in my son’s name and under his care. Our assurance is that your role is risk free, I accord this transaction the legality it deserves and for mutual security of the fund, the whole approved procedures will be officially and legally processed with your name as the bonfire beneficiary of the above mentioned boxes. In return, me and my son have agreed to offer you 10% of the transferred sum, while 5% shall be set aside for incidental expenses (internal and external) between the parties in the course of the transaction, and the remaining 85% is for the family investment.

Lastly, I plead with you to keep this transaction strictly and confidential. Please try to reach us as soon as you get this letter. Thanks and hope to hear from you soon. You can reach me through this private email address :(http://ca.f880.mail.yahoo.com/ym/Compose?To=mariam200100@yahoo.com&YY=11410&order=down&sort=date&pos=0&view=a&head=b)God bless you.

Mrs Mariam Sankoh

TO READ MORE OF MY WRITING, PLEASE VISIT; www.torontosun.ca/News/Columnists/Madawo_Innocent/
www.catholicregister.org
www.canadiannewcomermagazine.org
http://www.thecanadian.ca/
www. zimcanada.com
http://www.jexcanada.com/

No comments: